Don’t wait til its too late! Sign up now to have your irrigation system winterized. Each spring we make costly repairs due to damage from freezing temperatures. Clients say “Oh it didn’t get that cold last year, it will be fine” It cost this client $1157 for a new pump installation. Here are some facts:
- Back-flows are all copper. They crack and are expensive.
- You must have a irrigation winterization port.
- Irrigation pumps will freeze even if you drain them. We blow out the pipes.
- Suction lines must be disconnected from pumps.
- Your irrigation system will freeze
- You will void your warranty if your irrigation system is not winterized.
We blow each irrigation system out with compressed air. On lake irrigation systems, we will also disconnect and/or drain the suction line. Protect your investment and prevent freeze damage to your irrigation system.
Irrigation Shutdown Process:
- Check each irrigation zone for leaks, bad sprinkler heads, and clogged sprinkler nozzles
- Inspect backflow or irrigation pump
- Connect compressor and blow out irrigation system
Irrigation Startup Process:
- Connect backflow or irrigation pump
- Inspect all fittings
- Turn on water supply
- Check entire irrigation system again for leaks, rotors not rotating, broken drip lines
- Make minor repairs
- Set controller and program zone run times
We pay close attention to detail. Have us check your irrigation system today!